Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Too much politics...

So Marie recently discovered that I have a penchant for bugging our elected officials. She convinced me that Obama needed a message regarding the crazy "Birther" movement. Below is the actual email sent to whitehouse.gov:

Mr. President,
I offer a solution to the current questioning regarding your citizenship: please consider displaying an official copy of your birth certificate in a secure public venue such as the Smithsonian American History Museum or other such suitable open setting. This would enable those who question your citizenship to satisfy their misgivings in a setting that is open to all without bias or discrimination.
Frankly, my wife and I find this to be a disgraceful, disgusting, partisan driven controversy (with potential racial overtones), and we're tired of it being given any credence in the media. I fear this
distraction may detract from legitimate issues facing our country; it's time to put it behind us.
Respectfully yours,
Ian M.

No comments: