Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shopping today!

Today I met my parents and my nieces Eve and Tessa for a shopping afternoon. Ian stayed home with Annette and worked from home for a few hours. We had originally planned to spend the day with his parents, but they were too sick to visit. Unfortunately they will return to Washington tomorrow, so we didn't have as much time to visit with them as we had thought we would. Fortunately they did get to meet little Annette for a few hours on Wednesday evening. Hopefully next year we can all plan for a more substantial visit as Annette is growing so fast and will be so much bigger by then! She is changing every day...such a sweet cutie!

Shopping - 1st we went to Ikea, where the girls got to experience the mecca of cheap Swedish goods that is Ikea. They loved the lingonberry soda and the dog bum hooks for their walls! After that, we went to Michaels for some craft materials and Barnes and Nobles for some books. I snagged some Martha Stewart Christmas craft supplies for 70% off - what a steal! Definitely worth the trip out. I picked up a Twilight Jacob bookmark for Mom...though it will never be normal for a 64 year old to be as giddy as a schoolgirl about that teenage heartthrob. I am proud to say that Eve is on team Edward, sorry Mom, he is definitely the better choice! The afternoon reached a peak with the girls' induction into the DSW shoe obsession club. I am proud to say that I purchased Eve and Tessa's first pairs of DSW bargains. Tessa got a cute pair of Steve Madden ballet flats for 70% off, and Eve got a pair of stylish Privo (Clarks) athletic flats also for 70% off. I found nothing for myself...hmmm, strange how that worked out. So much fun though showing them the best shoe warehouse...my fantasy home, my DSW! And now I can keep an eye out for bargains for them as well! I cannot believe they are wearing women's sizes already...good for them that's for sure!

Ian, little monster and I have spent the rest of the evening playing Wii and relaxing with the dogs. So far a very quiet Christmas weekend. I have more pics to post - particularly of the various Christmas outfits we had for Annette. She wore a relaxed Christmas Eve outfit (in the pics below), a very special Christmas Day outfit (will post pics), and a pretty day-after-outfit reserved for today's visit with Ian's parents (sorry that we had to cancel that visit though- pics will be posted). My little clothes diva was definitely in the holiday spirit!

-Marie

No comments: