Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 17

Okay, week 17 has been fairly uneventful. Went to the shore for the day on Sunday (got to wear the new maternity tankini...surprisingly comfortable) and ate my first bit of chocolate in a long long time - choc fudge with walnuts...not sure if I totally enjoyed that. I do miss chocolate and sweets, though my taste buds do not. The shore was fun - the kids seemed to enjoy it too. Water was way too cold for me - couldn't make it past my shins. Ocean City is the best - I would love to spend a week there! A vacation...how nice that would be!!!! I wish...if only I had a job!

I have some more revisions on the thesis, working on it. I will be very very happy to turn that sucker in on Monday. Then I have about a week to focus on the presentation portion. And then...DONE. Then I can focus on what next.

We setup the crib but haven't gotten the bedding yet. We still need to organize the room and put everything in its place. We have a ton of hand-me-down toys - really hope we don't get too many more of them.

I had my second blood draw for the early genetic screening - should have results in about a week - hopefully everything normal, no reason to expect otherwise. Next checkup is Tuesday, and then the big appointment, level 2 ultrasound, will be on the 29th. Please, please, baby cooperate and face the appropriate direction. No crossing of legs or any other funny business. I must know the gender - too impatient to wait!

That's about it for this week. Feeling better overall.

Found a lump on Ginger's chest...taking her to the vet on Saturday to get it checked out. I am not going to think about it at all until after the appointment. I don't know if I could deal with that right now. That dog is everything to me. For now, I'm going to play fetch a few extra throws with her.
Marie

No comments: